Bragging About BurgersThu 25 Aug 2011
Story by @RecipeDiva
It was the perfect night for a backyard BBQ, it’s almost as though you could smell aroma of meat cooking on the grill. On Tuesday, August 23, The Recipe Diva (@RecipeDiva) hosted a backyard BBQ via Twitter with the Food Revolution Community. The topic of this week’s #FoodRevParty conversation: Summer BBQs - perfecting the menu using fresh and healthy ingredients.
The Recipe Diva went strait to the grill and asked for burger suggestions:
RecipeDiva Check out @RecipeDiva’s recipe for the “All American Burger.” What is on your “perfect burger,” any unique ingredients? #foodrevparty
The community offered up some great suggestions, including:
Lady_Holliday @RecipeDiva #foodrevparty: I love fresh grated horseradish on mine.
JJMacVay Has anyone tried beetroot on their burger? Very popular down under! #foodrevparty
Theorganictrail @RecipeDiva 1 favorite is a buffalo chicken burger. #foodrevparty
Lunchalicious @RecipeDivaWe love chicken burgers with fresh pineapple...yum! #foodrevparty
Jamie Oliver’s “Salmon Fish Cakes” were also part of the conversation. Once the burgers were done, @RecipeDiva served up a few sides (grilled tuna and mango salad, goat cheese potato stackers) and ended with dessert (strawberry basil popsicles).
It was a gathering of great people, all who appreciate and enjoy delicious, fresh and healthy food.
The Recipe Diva (Jacqui McVey) is the creator and founder of TheRecipeDiva.com, a global recipe sharing and social networking website for foodies, chefs and cooks. An online hub for numerous food experiences, TheRecipeDiva.com features a variety of cooking and lifestyle tips, daily helpful how-to's and online foodie forums. Most importantly, it serves as platform for foodies to share their recipes.
Earlier this year, The Recipe Diva launched a campaign to raise awareness and donations for “Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution”. The Recipe Diva donated one dollar for every new registered user on TheRecipeDiva.com over the coarse of a month.The result of the “Recipe Revolution” …over 500 new users for a $546 donation to Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution!
The Recipe Diva
Join next week’s Twitter party on Tuesday August 30th at 7pm EDT / 10pm EDT guest hosted by Brenda Thompson @MealPlanMom.
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success