Bringing The Big Rig OnlineThu 01 Mar 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Launched at TED2011 the Food Revolution’s food education weapon on the ground, the Big Rig Mobile Teaching Kitchen, has taught over 1000 children and adults in vulnerable southern California communities to cook over the past year.
We want to make sure everyone can track this great work so we’ve updated the Big Rig web page to include the latest information of where the Big Rig is through our Bing map – it’s currently stationed in Santa Ana – monthly updates from the Big Rig team, a regularly updated HQ of all the Big Rig’s details, great photos, – including Adrian Grenier’s recent visit – videos and it’s classes, the Big Rig’s twitter feed and a call out for any potential sponsors.
Check it out here: www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/bigrig
Interested In Sponsoring The Big Rig?
We are looking for a Big Rig sponsor to continue the great work on the ground and build the growing momentum in food education, engaging, educating and empowering children and adults with the skills and knowledge to cook and make better food choices for a better life. Together we can create a food education movement through our Big Rig Mobile Teaching Kitchen to arm the next generation with the facts and empower them to act and reverse the growing epidemic of obesity and diet related diseases.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Big Rig or want to find out more do get in touch with us at FoodRevolution@jamieoliver.com and one of the team will get back to you.
Follow The Big Rig
We have recently updated the Big Rig twitter name, previously @FoodRevTruck, to @FoodRevBigRig – its pet name now officially stuck! Remember to follow the Big Rig team here @FoodRevBigRig.
You can also submit a “Visit Me” form through the Big Rig page; we are collecting all requests and discovering the key communities shouting for a Big Rig visit. As soon as we know where the Big Rig will visit next, you will be the first to know!
Check out the January update from the Big Rig team and keep a look out for new photos, videos and the February update on the Big Rig page!
The Food Revolution Team
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success