What's Going On In Your Community?Mon 14 Mar 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
This month has been very exciting for the Food Revolution. Following Jamie's time at TED 2011 we have not only launched our fantastic new website with lots of great new features but we also have our new look Facebook Food Revolution Community page.
Our new destination for the Food Revolution – www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com - will grow and develop this year to support you as we ask you to start your own campaigns locally.
You can download our Food Revolution toolkits to get the facts, find support and start a campaign and use the Facebook Food Revolution Community to get connected with other Food Revolutionaries across America, to support your community.
You can also find out what's happening in your local area by checking out our new activists map on the website which is connected to our Facebook Community page. Here you can see what community groups are active in your area and if your area does not yet have one you can create a local cooking group for your friends and start your own grassroots action!
These groups are easy to create and use and will allow you to share, connect and inspire others with your stories of change. You will be able to find likeminded people in your local area and work together to transform the food served in schools, your home or on Main Street.
Visit our interactive map – see the link below - and search for groups within your local area, if you do find a group in your area join it and work together with the other members to bring about a Food Revolution in your local community.
If there is not a pre-existing group for your community then create one!
All you need to do is complete a short ‘group request’ form which can be found on our community page. Once you have submitted your group request the Food Revolution team will be in touch to let you know if your application has been successful!
Remember you can make this Food Revolution your own; these groups are for you to connect with others and spread the Food Revolution, so get online and get connected!
• To visit our interactive map and join or start your own group click here
• To connect with others on our Facebook Food Revolution Community page click here
• Check out our new and exclusive website here
The Food Revolution Team
- March Monthly Challenges: Changing The Way We Eat
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat