Food Revolution Day 2013 By The NumbersThu 27 Jun 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
It’s hard to believe it has already been almost six weeks since the second annual Food Revolution Day. Everyday we’re hearing more amazing stories and seeing inspiring photos from activities that took place all around the world.
Here’s a run-down of Food Revolution Day 2013 by the numbers…
1,268 activities in the lead up to, on May 17 and over the weekend
672 public activities
596 private activities
406 activities in the US, 179 activities in the UK, 162 activities in Australia
38% of activities took place in communities, 27% in homes, 23% in the workplace and 12% in schools
5,100 people attended Jamie’s street party in London and 10,000 tuned it to watch the events stream live online
70 million+ social reach of #FRD2013 on twitter during the campaign period
Almost 6 million people reached via our Thunderclap cause: “I’m supporting Food Revolution Day because I believe food education & cooking skills can help save lives #FRD2013”
55 celebrities contributed a video message to the official FRD2013 Supporters video, 37 celebrities supported on twitter
150,000+ posts related to Food Revolution Day across social media
1,100+ photos shared with the Food Revolution Day from activities around the world (see some of the highlights here!)
50+ supporting organisations
2000 people have watched Jamie’s live Google+ hangout
A huge thank you to everyone that got involved and made Food Revolution Day 2013 a day to remember, we can’t wait to see what you have in store next year!
The Food Revolution Team
Photo Credit: James Lyndsay
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success