Food Revolution Day 2014 - The Results Are In!Wed 25 Jun 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
It’s hard to believe that the 3rd annual Food Revolution Day was already 6 weeks ago. Since then we’ve been busy crunching numbers and gathering results of the many events that take took place around the world, and here they are!
On May 16 2014, a staggering 10,400+ events took place worldwide across 121 countries and territories. Estimates show that the global media reach was in excess of 120 million people and on twitter alone the campaign reached 1 billion people in relation to the official hashtag: #FRD2014.
With the support of TES, we were also able to promote Food Revolution Day to schools worldwide with over 8,400 schools taking part. This figure, plus those who watched Jamie's lesson via Jamie’s Food Tube channel, amounted to over 300,000 individuals joining in!
With the help of Woolworths in Australia, we successfully broke the world record for the “largest cookery event (single venue)” with 2,150 school children learning how to make Jamie’s rainbow salad wrap. We’re still waiting on final numbers for the second Guinness World Record we attempted “most participants in a cookery lesson in 24 hours (multiple venues)” so stay tuned for that!
We could not have achieved these results without your help and support, so a big THANK YOU for helping to make FRD2014 such an incredible success.
Here’s to FRD2015, stay tuned to find out the date and get involved at www.foodrevolutionday.com.
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
Photos: April Connell and Ellyn Bicknell in ACT Australia, Patrick Stevenson, Woolworths, Sydney, Australia, Woolworths (newsletter image), Sydney, Australia, Ambassador Beatrice Chan in Hong Kong. Credit Go.Asia, Dhurata Thanasi Albania FR ambassador
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success