Food Revolution Day - Let's Get Kids Excited About FoodThu 03 Apr 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver
Our third annual day of action, Food Revolution Day, is coming up on Friday 16 May and I can’t tell you how excited I am. With events happening around the world, it’s a day to celebrate and shout about how important food education is for everyone. Cooking tasty, nutritious food from scratch is a skill we should all have, and that’s why we want kids more involved this year – it starts with them, after all!
We’ve put together recipes children can pretty much nail on their own (with adult supervision, of course!), as well as dishes that are great for cooking as a family. Plus, as the event is for everyone, we also have recipes for grown-ups who simply want to cook for themselves. And don’t forget, we want to hear all about how you’re getting involved, so make sure you tell us by posting pics and tweeting with the hashtag #FRD2014.
Come and join us on the big day and get cooking!
Big love, Jamie O
The Food Revolution Day website is now live! Visit www.foodrevolutionday.com to find out more about the day, download resources and recipes and register your plans for May 16!
Find out how our global ambassadors have been keeping the Food Revolution going year round in the lead up to FRD2014 here.
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success