Jamie’s Search For A Food Tube Star!Tue 30 Jul 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Jamie has joined forces with Uncle Ben’s to find the next cooking sensation to join him on his award winning Food Tube channel.
Food Tube, Jamie’s You Tube channel which launched back in January, is a place where you can go for all your cooking needs. Filled with amazing video content, from great recipe demonstrations to masterclasses and Q&A’s, and not to mention some amazing live shows! So whether you’re looking for super quick from scratch pasta sauces, a masterclass in slow cooking or how to cook the perfect roast chicken, Food Tube is your one stop shop!
The channel already features some great talent including Gennaro Contaldo (Jamie’s old mentor), DJ BBQ, Aaron Craze and the Chiappa Sisters, and this is your chance to join them on Food Tube, sharing your recipes and tips with the 310,000+ subscribers!
How to Get Involved
To enter, simply create an original, four-minute, simple recipe video using rice and upload it to your own YouTube channel. Then simply send your link together with the entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Search for a Food Tube Star. Closing date for entries is September 1st 2013.
All videos must start with the presenter saying: “My entry for Jamie and Uncle Ben’s Search for a Food Tube Star”.
Check out the full Terms and Conditions here.
To help you create the best video you can Food Tube will be hosting a series of master-classes. These will include how to choose a recipe, how to light, shoot and style food as well as tips on presenting, editing and building an audience. Watch out for these coming up on Food Tube!
Find out more from Jamie about this great opportunity here.
The winner of Jamie’s Food Tube search will receive a ‘channel in a box’, a set of equipment to give your channel that professional edge. This will include a top-quality camera, computer, microphone and editing software.
You will receive mentoring from Food Tube experts including a hotline to get advice from top directors, camera operators, editors and food expert.
Food Tube will also feature and promote your channel, helping you to build your audience and potentially share and create revenue.
Jamie and his team will watch all entries and select their top five. Food Tube will then host these videos and the one with the highest number of ‘likes’ by 22/09/2013 will win.
“I can’t wait to see what you lot come up with. Have fun, be creative and get filming and one of you will be winning the chance to make a real name for yourself.” – Jamie Oliver
See the full terms and conditions here.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with so start planning your videos now and join the conversation online at #foodtubestar.
The Food Revolution Team
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success