Labor Day Real Food FeastWed 29 Aug 2012
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Get your friends together over some real food to celebrate Labor Day!
The summer days are beginning to draw in. Sunscreen and sandals are being swapped for backpacks and school supplies, and after months of long hours of playing outside, it’s time to head back to school. But not without one last hurrah!
Labor Day originated after the industrial revolution as a way to celebrate the economic and social contributions of the American workforce. However, we know it mostly as summer’s last stand! One last occasion to bring your family and friends together over a BBQ or picnic to enjoy each other, and the abundance of summer produce, before heading back to school.
So let’s celebrate the end of summer by standing up for real food this Labor Day!
Here are Some Ideas!
• Host a backyard BBQ with our Chargrilled Chicken Kebabs and a large Garden Salad.
• Make Yogurt Pops with your children before spending an afternoon at the pool, and then snack on them to cool down.
• Gather your friends for a pizza party, using September’s recipe of the month, Basic Pizza, and serve with a side of Everyday Green Chopped Salad.
And of course, don’t forget to share with us! Tweet images to @foodrev or share your experiences on our Food Revolution Community Page. Enjoy the remainder of your summer and happy Labor Day!
For more ideas, watch Jamie make pasta, mini burgers and old school Eton mess on the Today Show last month!
The Food Revolution Team
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success