LUNCH LINE A Documentary On America's School Food ProgramThu 30 Sep 2010
LUNCH LINE reframes the school lunch debate through an examination of the program's surprising past, uncertain present and possible future.
In the film, six kids from one of the toughest neighborhoods in Chicago set out to fix school lunch and end up at the White House.
Their unlikely journey parallels the dramatic transformation of school lunch from a weak patchwork of local anti-hunger efforts to a robust national feeding program. The film tracks key moments in school food and child nutrition from 1940s, 1960s, and 1980s to the present revealing political twists, surprising alliances, and more common ground than people realize.
Along the way, Senators, Secretaries of Agriculture, entrepreneurs, and activists from across the political spectrum add top-down perspective to a bottom-up film about the American political process, the health and welfare of its future, and the realities of feeding more than 31 million children a day.
This is a must-see film if you want to find out more about the federal school meal program and your kids school meals. Check out the planned October screenings below all listed on their Facebook page, if there isnt a screening near you and you are interested in hosting one in your community email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 October Screening in Chattanooga, TN, Crabtree Farms 18:00 19:30
6 October NY Screening, Landmark Sunshine Cinema 18:30 21:00
7 October Oregon Rural Action screening, Eastern Oregon University 18:00 20:00
9 October Screening at Baylor University 18:30 20:30
13 October Atlanta screening, Midtown Art Cinema 18:30 22:30
28 October Houston screening, The Health Museum, 18:30 20:30
Watch the trailer
Follow LUNCH LINE on Facebook
The Food Revolution Team
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 Changing The Way We Eat London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success