NEW! The Best And Worst School Lunch Photo WallThu 29 Sep 2011
Story by The Food Revolution Team
We told you last week that we had an exciting new online project coming soon and are excited to share with you that The Best and Worst School Lunch Photo Wall is now live!
Our Photo Wall aims to shine a spotlight on what kids are being served for lunch and we need your help! Go and have lunch at your local school – whether you’re a teacher, parent or student - take a snapshot, and share it online. We want you to share your pride or disappointment at the lunch served at your own or your kids’ school this fall.
Our community will then rank these photos from good (thumbs up) to bad (thumbs down). This isn’t about criticizing school nutrition staff – it’s about a real conversation concerning the state of school food. School lunch is served under constraints including budget, staff, ingredients, and food availability. Yet under the same regulations about school food and sometimes within the same community, certain kids are getting amazing school food and others are eating unappealing junk. Help us shine a spotlight on the differences.
The “Best” and “Worst” will be determined by visitors to the Food Revolution website who participate by rating the photographs. So it’s up to you! After November 26th the site will feature the Top 10 Best and Top 10 Worst rated lunches – as voted by you –and one from each category will be picked by Jamie and the team to receive a signed cook book and be featured on the website!
We need to spread the word, get as many lunches uploaded and as many people rating them as possible. Visit the Photo Wall now!
The Food Revolution Team
Twitter: @FoodRevTeam / #bestworstlunch
Note: You have to be 13 or older to participate in The Best and Worst School Lunch Photo Wall and may need permission to take a photo of your school lunch.
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success