The #FRD2014 Countdown Is On!Thu 01 May 2014
Story by Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
As we head into May the countdown to the 3rd Food Revolution Day on May 16 is really on!
Just 15 days away, Food Revolution Day is sure to be bigger and better than ever before and there are already 80 countries registered to join the fun with over 79,000 participants worldwide!
Have you made plans for a Food Revolution Day event? Be sure to add your plans, location and number of participants to our global map by selecting ‘SIGN UP’.
Don’t forget to share your ideas with us on social media and tell everyone to get cooking from scratch with the hashtag #FRD2014.
Still not sure what to do on May 16? Check out what some of our ambassadors have got planned for the day on our official Food Revolution Day blog.
Let’s Get Kids “Food Smart”
This year, Food Revolution Day focuses on getting kids excited about cooking and making them food smart, and on the big day, Jamie will be leading a 30-minute cooking lesson featuring our Rainbow Salad Wrap recipe. Find out all about this and how you can get involved whether by registering your school or by joining the cooking lesson at home, work or in the community here. Our goal is to get more than one million kids cooking across the world!
There are lots of other ways to get involved too, wherever you’ll be celebrating the day, so check out our FRD2014 recipes and free resources to support your event, no matter how big or small!
Finally, check out the latest Food Revolution Day video and see why Jamie needs to get his kitchen in order by May 16...
Here’s to a great global celebration on May 16, we can’t wait to see your #FRD2014 activities come to life!
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success