The Greatist - 100 Most Influential People In HealthWed 08 Jan 2014
Story by The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
On January 6th, the Greatist released their list of the ‘100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness’ - the most influential figures in fitness, health, and happiness this year - listing Jamie Oliver at number 12.
Alongside the likes of thought leaders Mark Bittman, Marion Nestle and Michael Pollan, Jamie was highlighted for his work in food and his efforts to revolutionise the way we think about the food we eat every day.
“Jamie Oliver, The Healthy Change-Making Chef
This British chef first hit the scene as the energetic host of "The Naked Chef" in 1999. In the years following, Oliver capitalized on his fame by opening restaurants and publishing scores of cookbooks (including "Jamie's Food Revolution" and "Cook with Jamie"). Lately, he’s best known as an advocate for healthier cafeteria meals in schools in the U.S. and abroad. Though he’s gotten a bad rap for his in-your-face tenacity, the importance of his philanthropic missions to make people’s lives healthier and happier can't be overstated. He’s trained troubled youths to enter the restaurant business, raised awareness about ethical fishing, created the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation, and received the 2010 TED prize for his many campaigns to create change on both individual and governmental levels. This year and next, Oliver’s foundation is on tour to improve health and spread food education with free training, basic home cooking classes, and recipes.”
See the full list here.
To find out more about the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA) visit www.jamieoliverfoodfoundation.org.
To learn more about the Big Rig mobile kitchen which is teaching essential cooking skills to communities during a state-wide tour of California and to get involved visit www.jamiefoodrevolution.com/bigrig.
Big thanks to the Greatist for their support!
The Jamie Oliver Food Foundation (USA)
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success