Time To Celebrate Real Food In Heber Valley!Wed 20 Mar 2013
Story by Melissa Milam
Heber Valley Food Revolution is on a mission to improve the health of our children by upgrading the food in our communities through education, gardening & gatherings.
Nothing is more important to us than investing in a brighter future for our children. As we all know, that future begins with the quality of food that nourishes them.
This has been a great year for Heber Valley Food Revolution. School gardens are being planted, healthy vending machines are being installed, and fresh ingredients are being provided for school cooking classes! We are also working on a cookbook full of recipes from our community potlucks.
Food Revolution Day in Heber Valley
We are also gearing up for a truly epic Food Revolution Day Celebration! Friday, May 17th will kick off with a special panel discussion for the health care professionals of Heber Valley regarding the need for a Food Revolution Now. Attendees will enjoy a healthy breakfast at the beautiful Zermatt Resort in Midway UT. Following breakfast, one of our panel members Chef Jason Kieffer will be taking his mad DJ skills, and healthy smoothie shots to Wasatch High school for the Blended Beets program. As night falls, Chef Kieffer will head back to Zermatt Resort to prepare a truly special meal complete with music and dancing!
What better way to end such an amazing celebration than with an outdoor food fair and 5K honoring our local lunch ladies! Racers and spectators will enjoy local goods for sale, free services from local health care professionals and a pre-run yoga session.
Now that’s what we call a Food Revolution Day Celebration!
About the Author: Melissa Milam is a real food enthusiast, fitness trainer and mother of 4. She works closely with the school superintendent, food service supervisor, local health department & members of the Heber Valley Food Revolution Board.
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success