Whole Foods Market Northern California & Reno Give 5%Thu 04 Apr 2013
Story by The Food Revolution Team
Next Wednesday, April 10th, Whole Foods Market Northern California & Reno will be supporting the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation and our hands-on food education programs.
Several days a year, Whole Foods stores partake in a community giving day, a “5% Day,” in which the company donates 5% of that day’s net sales to a non-profit or educational organization. On April 10th, stores in Northern California & Reno region will be hosting a 5% day for the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation!
Besides donating the 5%, selected Whole Foods Market stores will be hosting chef demos where shoppers can stop by and learn more about simple and healthy recipes. The money earned from this day will be used to fund the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation’s “Learn Your Fruits and Vegetables” program which will be brought to schools and youth groups in the Northern California area. This program aims to get people excited about fruit and vegetables – eating them, learning about them and understanding why they’re so good for you. It’s the first step towards better food education. Check out our US taster pack here.
This partnership with Whole Foods Market will continue from the 5% Day up until the upcoming second annual Food Revolution Day on May 17th. Food Revolution Day is a global day of action for people to make a stand for good food and essential cooking skills. It's a chance for people to come together within their homes, schools, workplaces and communities to cook and share their kitchen skills, food knowledge and resources. Whole Foods Market is planning to host events on May 17th as well in order to be part of the Food Revolution celebration! Check out the global movement and get involved here.
In Northern California or Reno? Make sure you reserve some grocery shopping for April 10th at Whole Foods Market stores in order to benefit the Jamie Oliver Food Foundation!
Join us and @WholeFoodsNorCA for a live #WholeFoodie tweet chat today, April 4th at 10am PT to find out more and join the Food Revolution!
Big thanks to Whole Foods for their amazing support.
The Food Revolution Team
Photos: Harrison store in Oakland and Ocean Ave store in San Francisco
- A Look At The 2015 U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- February Ambassador Of The Month: Minati OConnell
- Plans For FRD 2015 Are Well Underway!
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Easy Dinner Ideas
- TEDxManhattan 2015 “Changing The Way We Eat” London Viewing Party
- A Journey To Real Food
- Feeding 5 Million
- Kids Food Festival 2015
- Cooking With Kids For Valentine's Day
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Super Smoothies
- Real Food Media Contest Short Films
- Uniting For Food Truth
- February Monthly Challenges: Valentine's Day, Wonky Veg And FRD!
- January Ambassador Of The Month: Mardi Michels
- The Food Revolution Super Ambassadors
- Pilot Light Chefs Spark Food Education In Chicago
- Something For Lunch. Too Much To Ask For Kiwi Kids?
- Dirty Hands Can Lead To Healthy Hearts.
- TEDxManhattan: Changing The Way We Eat
- The 52 New Foods Challenge: Prepare For Success